Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Baby Gates - What to consider When Shopping

So you're a new, proud parent of an active, fun-loving itsybitsy toddler. You've changed the diapers, you've woken up in the middle of the night for the feedings, and you do your best to read her stories every night. In fact you kind of view the hard work was over now that she's able to move about on her own. At least you view that until she started toddling over to the top of that spiral staircase with the hard marble floor at the bottom! And that's when you knew that it was time to look for a baby gate to keep her from taking a tumble (and to keep your sanity from having to worry about it all the time!)

That was the situation I found myself in recently when my itsybitsy girl started intelligent about like a blur. I decided I needed to look colse to for baby gates to put all colse to the house. My first stop of policy was to Babys R Us (hey they have everything right!) I purchased something (from a brand that will remain nameless), took it home and tried to setup it. Only then did I perceive that the gate I purchased had a indeed weird relationship setup, And it wasn't even wide adequate to reach across and safe the staircase. This was the original fancy I needed it for!

Baby Gate

The first thing I can propose to you when you're shopping for a baby gate is to make indeed sure that you measure the spaces which you're trying to protect. It's indeed just coarse sense, I know. But I guess my coarse sense is not so coarse after all, because I had just assumed that any gate that I purchased would automatically expand across whatever opening I decided to place it on. Sorry folks, it's just not so.

The leading manufacturers all furnish gates of both varying heights and widths. For heights it's regularly just one or two sizes (short or tall) so if you're itsybitsy one is getting big adequate think a taller gate. As to widths, most gates come in whether sizes to reach across a hallway, or across a stairway. Hallways tends to be wider, so if that's where you'll use the gate make sure you check the measurements on the box. Personally, I like the gates from DreamBaby. It's a solid maker (Tee-Zed) and they have a great selection. It regularly cheaper to pick one up online straight through one of their distributors, since you'll regularly pay a bit more if you go directly to their site or buy it retail.

I hope this short description was useful to you in your shopping for a baby gate. Best of luck with your itsybitsy one (and enjoy the ride!)

Baby Gates - What to consider When Shopping

Buy Android Tablet

No comments:

Post a Comment